Before 2019 finally sizzles out, I am taking this time to share my the best picks for 2019 – from new local finds to staple dishes and unique recipes – these are dishes that are left a lasting impression on my palate and are surely delectable pleasures worth noting down in your gastronomic diaries. The best part is you do not need to travel far to have a taste.
Let’s begin with foreign items with a twist – these are the dishes that you would surely get these in other countries – but now you can conveniently drive around Bacolod to check them out. If you are a big fan of Japanese food – I have two entrees to reccomend.
Now it’s time to check out the sweet section for 2019.
2019 is also an eventful year in my kitchen as attempted to cook various dishes I have tasted in other places.
Another experiment was the making to “palapa” – a typical Maranao side dish or appetizer made of onion chives, chopped and flavored garlic, ginger, onions and pepper. Preserved in vegetable or olive oil, palapa is aan appetizing relish to meats. In Iligan, they call rice with beef, tuna or chicken and wrapped in banana leaves commonly called as “pater” with the palapa as sauce.
2019 is truly an ambrosial year of gastronomic delights. Good food doe not need to be expensive. In fact, one can simply cook the recipe they love with a little help from the Internet. I am looking forward to a flavorful 2020! Happy New Year!
ATTY. JOCELLE BATAPA-SIGUE
• Named as one of The Outstanding Women in Nation’s Service of the Philippines or TOWNS for 2016 in the field of Information and Communications Technology or ICT
Past Vice President (2018) and Past President (2010-2012) and Past Trustee (2013-2017) of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines or NICP
• Founder, Former President and Current Executive Director of the Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for ICT or BNEFIT
• Served for 3 terms as councilor of Bacolod City
• Chosen as one of Asia Society Top Ten Philippines 21 Young Leaders in 2009
• Chosen as the Eisenhower Fellow of the Philippines in 2012
• Awarded as Philippine Individual Contributor of the Year during the International ICT Awards given by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the Philippines
View all posts by Jocelle Batapa Sigue